How to back up your emails with Outlook Print this Article
Backing up your site files, and databases is very important. How often do you back up your email though? Chances are you do not have a copy of your emails saved locally, but fortunately, it is quite easy to do. We backup our servers daily, so your email is backed up in that regard, but it is still important to have a copy for yourself, saved locally. Having a copy of your emails saved in this way makes it easy to move them from device to device, or to keep in various locations for redundancy.
This KB article demonstrates how to create a .PST file backup with Microsoft Outlook. This article assumes that you have an IMAP account configured within Outlook. To learn how to do this, please reference this KB article:
1) Open Outlook, and make sure that all folders are up to date. Do this by clicking "Send / Receive" at the top, and then click "send/receive all folders". Next click "File" and then "Open and Export":
2) Click the "Import/Export" button:
3) Select the "Export to a file" option and click "next":
4) Select the "Outlook Data File (.PST)" option and click "next":
5) Select the Account which you want to back up, any sub-folders of that account will be included. If you wish to back up only a certain folder, then select that folder. Click "next":
6) Select the destination, and name of the file. Choose the radial button next to whichever duplicate policy you prefer. Click "finish":
You will now see a .pst file in the location that you chose. That file can be opened in Outlook, or any program that supports that file type e.g. Thunderbird. It will appear as a new inbox containing all the emails and folders you selected.
Was this answer helpful?
After you have created your email account in your Plesk Control Panel, you are able to access...
Now that you have access to your Plesk control panel, you can create email addresses within your...
1. Log in to your Plesk Control Panel. https://YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME-HERE:8443 2. Navigate to...